Monday, September 14, 2015

Weekend Blog-Tember Catch Up

Friday, Sept. 11: It's a Friday night and you decide to stay in. What do you do?

A night in? Any night of the week for that matter, has been virtually unheard of in a couple months!  If I'm not working, we are gone on a youth trip, or at a meeting, or fundraiser, or conference, or concert, or visiting with friends.  Honestly, I think if you gave me any night at home with nothing to do, would fall asleep sacked out on the couch!  
But honestly, lets say we had a planned "night in" we would probably rent a movie and that's it! We're exciting people I know!
Saturday, Sept. 12: What are you up to currently? 

Reading... Not enough!
Playing... catch up, 4 posts in one! 
Watching... Finishing up America's Got Talent, We don't really get to watch until we go to bed, so I only catch the beginning of each episode!
Trying... To make SOME kind of routine despite a non-routine job!
Cooking... Anything quick
Eating... Whatever is available 
Drinking...water. Always water.
Calling... Mom: baby shower plans.
Texting... Jessica & Katie...it's just what we do!
Pinning... Baby gifts and baby shower ideas
Tweeting... Nothing
Going... 1000 directions 
Loving... Fall weather
Hating... Allergies
Discovering... I'm a very busy person
Thinking... I need some "me" time
Feeling... Exhausted 
Hoping... Things will slow down soon
Listening... Can't get enough Crowder these days
Celebrating... Babies. LOTS of babies
Smelling... Nothing...(see "hating"...)
Thanking... God for great friends
Considering... Best way to plan ahead meals!?!?
Starting... Getting the word out about packing shoeboxes! 
Finishing...all the summer festivities.

Basically, I have been super busy! I would like to think things might start to slow down, but we shall see! 

Sunday, Sept. 13: Create a collage or inspiration/mood board for this season in your life.



Monday, Sept. 14: The 5 books that have impacted your life the most.


First and foremost, nothing has impacted my life more than the message of God's Word! The hope laced through the words of the bible saved my life.  Had it not been for the message of Jesus, these other books wouldn't have meant what they did to me! 

The message and testimonies from Kathy and Dee were just what I needed to hear as a young Christian and truly guided my heart as I set out in pursuit of Jesus!

I can't imagine this book NOT being on someone's list! Francine River is truly a phenomenal writer and makes me crave the word of God! No other fictional work has ever come close to bringing Gods grace to life the way Rivers does. And this book was only the beginning to falling in love with EVERY. SINGLE. BOOK. that she has written! See also Mark of the Lion Series


4. Kisses from Katie:
Wow! If your looking for a testimony that will make you jump into action, this is what you need. Katie's love for the Lord and dedication the the Kingdom will leave you wanting and doing more!!!

5. The Power of a Praying Wife:
The first time I read this book was actually when Brett and I were just dating!  The message behind the book is really quite simple but this has become a go to book for me.  It remains on my night stand and is just the encouragement and guidance I need sometimes to seek God's face on Brett's behalf! 

Well, I hope I didn't overwhelm you, but I didn't want to miss out on anything from Blog-tember!!!  Weekends leave no time for a computer stare-down!!! 

Glad you made it!


No comments:

Post a Comment