Wednesday, September 2, 2015

August Recap



1. SEND conference: Brett and I were so blessed to be able to attend the SEND conference in Nashville the beginning of August.  We were challenged by hearing the Word taught and preached through great speakers such as Louie Giglio, Vance Pitman, JD Greear, and David Platt to name just a few.  We lifted our voices in praise led by the Holy Spirit ushered in by Kristian Stanfill & Passion Band, Crowder, Casting Crowns, & Shane and Shane.  We came home encouraged, and better equipped to live "Life on Mission."

2. Watermelon Festival:  Our small town is know for the sweetest watermelons; which of course means: watermelon festival.  This year our church got involved and we spent 3 days selling cheese, chili, chips, and LOTS of Ice Tea!!!  The booth was hard work, but I hope I never forget the full heart I had at the end of each night after fellowship with so many dear friends who are sold out for the Kingdom.  I remember going home in tears because I felt so blessed to be a part of such a wonderful group of brothers and sisters in Christ.

3.  A big step in the Non-Profit world.  We Arise Missions held the first official board meeting and is now one step closer to being a 501(c)3 Non-Profit.

4.  We bought a new-to-us vehicle.  After 2 weeks of covering this decision in prayer we purchased a 2011 Honda Pilot.  (there is a really good God-story to this that hopefully I'll write about)

5.  Brett and I become Official coordinators for an Operation Christmas Child Shoebox Drop-off location!!! We are soooo excited to further our involvement with this ministry!

6. A one night retreat with 8 teenagers.  It is such a huge blessing to see young people get involved and excited about what God is doing and wants to do in their lives!

I can't help but look at this crazy busy life and wonder why I was blessed with it, but I'm so glad I was!  August was pretty full, but as summer ends and fall begins, the calendar stays jam-packed!

Coming up in September: Brett's birthday, 2 Baby Showers, Donuts, Community Revival, and a short Ladies Getaway!!! Don't miss it!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment