Wednesday, September 9, 2015

Hope in Miscarriage (& other trials) Part 2



Recently, I found myself diving back into God's word specifically for what He had to say about these trials life brings us.  It has been three months since the loss of our first child.  Yes, I still think about him/her everyday. Will that eventually change? I don't know! Will the hurt go away? I don't think it will, but I do think it will change.  With each season will be a different sorrow.  Baby showers. Due Date. Childless Holidays. It will change us. These trials that we go through, there is good in them to.  When our faith is tested, it draws us ever closer to Him.  Despite the pain, we can choose to rejoice in His goodness.


“In this you rejoice, though now for a little while, if necessary, you have been grieved by various trials, so that the tested genuineness of your faith—more precious than gold that perishes though it is tested by fire—may be found to result in praise and glory and honor at the revelation of Jesus Christ.” 1 Peter 1:6-7

“Count it all joy, my brothers, when you meet trials of various kinds, for you know that the testing of your faith produces steadfastness. And let steadfastness have its full effect, that you may be perfect and complete, lacking in nothing…Blessed is the man who remains steadfast under trial, for when he has stood the test he will receive the crown of life, which God has promised to those who love him.” James 1:2-4, 12

“We rejoice in our sufferings, knowing that suffering produces endurance, and endurance produces character, and character produces hope, and hope does not put us to shame, because God's love has been poured into our hearts through the Holy Spirit who has been given to us.” Romans 5:3-5

“For I consider that the sufferings of this present time are not worth comparing with the glory that is to be revealed to us.” Romans 8:18

Not only is God there to comfort us, but there are those who have already been through the same trials who are called to rise up and comfort us.  All the same as one day, our afflictions will be the experience we need to bring comfort to the afflicted.

"Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of mercies and God of all comfort, who comforts us in all our affliction, so that we may be able to comfort those who are in any affliction, with the comfort with which we ourselves are comforted by God. For as we share abundantly in Christ's sufferings, so through Christ we share abundantly in comfort too. If we are afflicted, it is for your comfort and salvation; and if we are comforted, it is for your comfort, which you experience when you patiently endure the same sufferings that we suffer. Our hope for you is unshaken, for we know that as you share in our sufferings, you will also share in our comfort." 2 Corinthians 1:3-7

Not many of my words are spread across the page, and that is because there is nothing I can say in comparison to the Living Word.  Dig into It.  Let the Father wrap His arms around you.  Choose to embrace Him.  Rejoice in His goodness, even when you can't see it anywhere else.  Run to Him, and Glory will be revealed.


See 12 verses for Miscarriage...



3 comments:

  1. Thank you for sharing. I stumbled across your blog on Pinterest. I had a miscarriage in the 1st and needed these profound truths to stand on. I'm thankful for your boldness and transparency! It will be a glorious day when we see our children face to face. Until then, we focus our thoughts on the only one who can bring us peace and fill the void that we have from ths.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I needed to see the WORD....yes, the Messiah paid it all so that my little bundle of love could be returned to sender our Heavenly Father. My help and strength comes from the Most High. I understand now when He said He works in my brokenness...bless you for the ministry that you were led to share. I'm meditating in it all for my healing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for this truthful reminder of God's steadfast grace. We just experienced our first loss at 12weeks and your post has blessed me tremendously.

    ReplyDelete