Monday, March 7, 2016

the BEST cobbler...

I'm so excited to share this amazing recipe I found!

The last couple months all I have wanted to eat was fruit.  I was getting tired of apples and cuties so in Sams I found some plums.  They were really sweet and juicy, but the container was pretty big and I wasn't eating them fast enough.  I was afraid they were going to go bad before I had a chance to eat all of them.

I decided some kind of cobbler was probably my best chance to use them.  I found a recipe from Joy the Baker  and had to try it!  This will be my new go to recipe for just about any type of cobbler!


Look at the color! Don't they look amazing...

(do you spy that Pioneer Woman mug!? I have an amazing secret sister at church and she has contributed greatly to my collection!)

I sliced up the plums, leaving the skins on. They cooked down enough that the skins weren't an issue for me, but my husband ended up eating around the skins.  So if you have a picky "texture eater" around you may want to try skinning your fruit.
Ingredients:
1/2 cup (1 stick) butter
1 cup granulated sugar
1 cup all-purpose four
1 tbsp baking powder
1/2 teas cinnamon
pinch of nutmeg
3/4 cup milk
3 cups fruit (berries, apricots, plum, etc)
1/3 cup firmly packed brown sugar
Direction:
1. Preheat oven to 350.  Melt the butter in a saute pan over medium heat until it bubbles.  Do not burn the butter but allow it to develop brown color
2. Pour the butter into an 8in or 9in square baking dish.
3. In a medium bowl, stir together the gradulated sugar, flour, baking powder and spices.  Add milk and stir.
4. Pour the mixture on top of the melted butter DO NOT STIR.  Arrange the fruit evenly over the batter.  Sprinkle with brown sugar.
5. Bake for 40-45 min until the top turns golden brown.  Serve warm with vanilla ice cream!


The batter will rise through fruit.  If only you could smell it! 



The Felicity Jar


No comments:

Post a Comment