Saturday, December 26, 2015

Baby Hat & Booties

With a few Christmas "parties" in the books I can start to share a few more of my DiyDecember projects!


With baby Maggie joining the family this year I was excited to dig out my crochet hooks and yarn!  I had to "re-learn" a little bit so hopefully it won't be so long before I pick them up again!

Thankfully a baby hat is a pretty simple project.  I did a very basic round pattern of double crochets.

The flower is a five petal "daisy"...

-1- Chain 5, join with sl-st
-2- Ch 4, 3 Tc, Ch 4 all in first chain of foundation ring
-3- Repeat step 2 in each of the remaining 4 chains to form 5 petals.
-4- Tie off, add button if desired


The booties were a first for me, but I finally found a simple and quick pattern, modified it just a little, and they turned out pretty cute I think.  They can be tall or folded down!


 ch: chain, sl st: slip stitch, sc, single crochet, hdc: half double crochet, dc: double crochet, hdctog: half double crochet decrease, dctog: double crochet decrease, 

Foundation: Chain 9
Round 1:      2 hdc into 3rd chain from hook (skip 2 chains), 1 hdc in each of next 5 chain, 6 hdc into last chain,  (working down other side of chain): 1 hdc into each of next 5, 3 hdc in last chain, sl st into chain 2 (the 2 you skipped)

Round 2:   ch 3, 1 dc into first stitch, 2 dc each into next 2 stitches, 1 dc into each of the next 5, 2 dc each into the next 6, 1 dc each into the next 5, 2 dc each into the last 3 stitches. sl st into chain 3.

Round 3:   ch 2, 1 hdc in each stitch back-loop only (34-including ch 2)

Round 4:   ch 2, 1 hdc each into next 8 stitches, 8 hdctog, 1 hdc each next 9 stitches, sl st into chain 2

Round 5:   ch 2, 8 hdc each into next 8 stitches, 4 dctog, 1 hdc each next 9 stitches, sl st into chain 2

Round 6:   ch 1, 1 sc into each stitch all the way around. sl st into 1st sc (22)

Round 7:   ch 1, 1 hdc into each stitch all the way around.  sl st into 1st hdc (22)

Round 8:   ch 1, 1 dc into each stitch all the way around. sl st into 1st hdc (22)

 --- Repeat rounds 7 & 8 until desired cuff height--- 


There is more to come!!!   Merry Christmas

PS : I'll try to improve my photography effort

No comments:

Post a Comment