Friday, February 6, 2015

He doesn't need me.

When God asks you to do something, you can bet there will be work involved.  If it were something easy then we would have no need to ask for his help.

I'm also discovering, that a lot of things he asks of me, seem to be far from my wheel house.  Tasks I am clearly unqualified and seemingly incapable of.  But if He only asked the possible of us, then where would His glory come from?  Why would we need him? 

I read something..somewhere... Once that said if what you're dreaming is possible even if God does not show up, then your not dreaming big enough.

As God laid it on our hearts to start this missions organization, it was exciting. 

 But to be honest it has become extremely taxing.  I have read more legal words I don't understand than ones I do. In all my ignorance I didn't realize exactly what all it would involve to complete this process.

Daily I am reminded just how unqualified we are to do this.  

But we are not meant to do any task on our own. 

Through this process I am learning to be led by the One who chose us.

The One who leads us.

The One who is only asking us to obey.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

UPDATE:    
-We have filed our Articles of Incorporation with the state.  This means we are officially a corporation called "We Arise Missions." 
-We have applied for and received our EIN.  Which is basically a number we need that identifies us with the IRS; the EIN is neccessary for the application to be a 501(c)3 organization. 
-Recently we have started filling out the 30+ page application for the IRS.  We are going to finish it to the best of our abilities and then find a CPA to go over it with us and finalize any changes needed before we submit it to the IRS.

Please pray for this process, some days I feel like we are in way over our head, but we just keep praying that God stays in control and leads and guides every step!

Also, we are nearing our first big financial deadline for the Costa Rica mission trip, we are all very excited!


“I am blown away that my God, who could do this all by Himself, would choose to let me be a little part of it.” - Katie Davis, Kisses from Katie

No comments:

Post a Comment