Friday, April 29, 2016

Still small voice (& kicks in the bladder)




"behold, the Lord passed by, and a great and strong wind tore the mountains and broke in pieces the rocks before the Lord, but the Lord was not in the wind. And after the wind an earthquake, but the Lord was not in the earthquake. And after the earthquake a fire, but the Lord was not in the fire. And after the fire the sound of a low whisper. And when Elijah heard it, he wrapped his face in his cloak and went out and stood at the entrance of the cave. And behold, there came a voice to him..." 
1 King 19:11-13

So often we only expect God to be present in big dramatic ways, and I'm afraid this causes us to miss out on so many opportunities to hear that still small voice.  For me anyways, I find myself not seeking Him often enough.  More like just waiting on Him to show up in an earthquake like moment.

The most recent reminder of this came when I was beginning to get anxious/worried/upset when I was nearing 20 weeks and still had not felt the baby move.  When we went for our ultrasound, and we could see little Squishy kicking those feet around, I realized that I HAD been feeling movement for the last couple weeks, I just wasn't aware of what it was.  And in the following weeks in the few moments that I was completely still, I was much more in tune to the movement of those little feet.

I have also been the same way with God, He gently shows me His presence everyday, but unfortunately, all too often it takes a much bigger moment for me to "see" Him move, then I realize He has been right here all along, I just haven't been quiet and still enough to notice Him!

As busy as life is, I believe that it still holds far more quiet moments than it does "obvious" ones.  I pray that I can become much more aware of His voice and grow all the more closer to Him.






No comments:

Post a Comment