Thursday, January 1, 2015

Restore My Soul

Recently Brett challenged his teen class to memorize Psalm 23.  On New Years Eve, he asked them to remember and share something God did for them in 2014.  Before each one shared he had them read the 23 Psalm aloud, since they were all suppose to be studying and memorizing the passage.  
 
As I sat there and listened to 15 teenagers read aloud the very powerful passage I became more and more emotional!  My heart and mind broke down each verse and what it meant to me, especially over this last year...
 
The Lord is my shepherd; I shall not want.
 
The end of 2013 and beginning of 2014 was a hard lesson on letting go and allowing the Lord to truly be my shepherd.  I could go on for days about how lost I am without Him and how going my own way always ends in Him finding me and bringing back to a place of "safety" under His rod and staff.  There is nothing I need or want outside of the goodness and mercy of the Lord.
 
He makes me lie down in green pastures.
 
Despite where I may want to wander or stray off to, He is so good to bring me to a place of rest and peace, the beginning of 2014 was just that as he took me from all distractions and into a place of truly being still in His presence.
 
He leads me beside still waters.
 
Daily I thirst for something more than this world; the hectic, crazy, evil, torturous world.  The Lord has taught me to listen and seek out His voice, and He will give me the purest, living water; Himself.  Jesus is the still, peaceful, quenching, living water our souls long for.
  
He restores my soul.
He leads me in paths of righteousness
for his name’s sake.
 
 Restoration means to return something back to its original state/design.  I have never been perfect, but that is what God created me to be, and sin took that away.  Everyday God is repairing a piece of my soul and bringing me one step closer to, not my own, but His righteousness.  Not that I may boast, but that I may do my part to spread His name and cause to every soul in need.

Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death,
I will fear no evil,
for you are with me;
your rod and your staff,
they comfort me.
 
 This year definitely had its challenges.  Through them all God has not changed, He has kept every promise.  His deity, omnipresence, and Word are my backbone.  I shall not fear!

You prepare a table before me
in the presence of my enemies;
you anoint my head with oil;
 
The Lord's power prevails and His anointing prevents the enemy from disturbing His perfect hospitality, that I may enjoy the goodness of my Lord.
 
my cup overflows.
 
2014 was most definitely a year of blessings.  The desires of my heart have been abundantly given and I pray that they only increase my service to the Lord.  That they may aid as facilitators to what He asks of me!
Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me
all the days of my life,
and I shall dwell in the house of the Lord
forever.
 
Through it all, I long for forever, the emotions of home overwhelm me.  His grace is sufficient for me.  His unending love is my cornerstone. In Christ alone, I have hope for 2015!!!


http://pk4yahweh.files.wordpress.com/2013/05/psalm-23.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment