Thursday, October 23, 2014

A Hopeless Fool

This weekend I had the opportunity to worship with 4000 other women! It is truly amazing to hear the Lord praised among so many voices! 
In the middle of the service I had the thought, "how do people get through life without the hope freely offered!?"

I immediately was reminded of my own life, before I had hope... My mind was flooded with the grim thoughts and circumstances that once controlled my life.

" we were once foolish, disobedient, led astray, slave to various passions and pleasures, passing my days in malice and envy, hated by others and hating one another..."

I could not be more grateful for the love that found and saved me, I did nothing to deserve or earn it, I only accepted it.

"But when the goodness and loving kindness of God our Savior appeared, he saved us, not because of works done by us in righteousness.."

He paid my debts, and because of his love and desire for me I became a new creation!

"...but according to his own mercy, by the washing of regeneration and renewal of the Holy Spirit, whom he poured out on us richly through Jesus Christ our Savior..."

I now have hope of eternity with the Father and Savior

"...so that being justified by his grace we might become heirs according to the hope of eternal life."  -Titus 3:3-7


No comments:

Post a Comment