Thursday, June 11, 2015

My baby NEVER cries



When we found out we were expecting, the biggest fear that developed inside of me was the fear (and knowledge) that I could never completely protect my child from this fallen world. 

So upon the news that we had lost our baby at 12 weeks, immediately I was overwhelmed with thoughts of inadequacy.
shame.
I asked "what is wrong with me!?"
"why couldn't I save my baby!?"

The answer...

Because Someone else did...

In the midst of heartbreak, my Lord, as usual, provides comfort...

Comfort in knowing that my child will NEVER know suffering.  

He NEVER knew pain
She was NEVER cold
He was NEVER hungry
She was NEVER alone
He was NEVER scared
She was NEVER sick
He was NEVER sad
She ALWAYS felt loved...

Today my heart has broke for so many children who are suffering,
Today I have seen babies with cancer,
babies being held down for tests,
babies with no food, 
babies with no clothes, 
babies with no families.  

I cried with them...tears for their pain, tears for my child's joy.  

Thank you Jesus for wrapping your arms around our baby!

"There’ll be no sorrow there,

No more burdens to bear,

No more sickness, no pain,
No more parting over there;
And forever I will be,
With the One who died for me,
What a day, glorious day that will be."


PS: I am still going to tell you about Costa Rica...But had this on my mind today!

No comments:

Post a Comment